Monday, July 12, 2010

Goya's & Griffin's [again]

Friday I had no class and, at the suggestion of my dear friend Emily who studied in Galway 4 years ago, decided to go to Goya's for hot chocolate.

It's quite literally a hidden gem--I walked by Kirwan Lane twice before asking for directions at the tourist booth in Eyre Square (It's located on a tiny sidestreet next to Yes Flowers--I stopped to smell the flowers but didn't notice the sign!).

IMG_5879 IMG_5878

Steamed milk, rich dark chocolate chocolate, a layer of foam so perfect it didn't need whipped cream (I know, I know... well, it didn't need whipped cream, but whipped cream makes everything better...)

IMG_5886 IMG_5885

Then I stopped at Griffin's for a nibble and got a cranberry almond tart. Flaky crust, sweet custard to balance out the tartness of the cranberries, a crunch of almond and a dusting of confectioner's sugar. Perfect mid-afternoon snack.

IMG_5888 IMG_5887

No comments:

Post a Comment