Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Gourmet Tart Co. (FINALLY!)

I don't know why I never posted about this Galway gem, but it was clearly my go-to place. It offers cheap and delicious sandwiches (Cajun chicken with cheddar, anyone?). Pick one of their signature sandwiches or choose your own and it comes on your choice of bread. NUI carried pre-packaged sandwiches, which were tasty, but for a real treat, head down to their shop on Lower Abbeygate Street. Once there, it's hard to walk by their beautiful case of pastries and not find yourself drooling a little... close your mouth, remember to blink and allow the very friendly staff to help you choose one (or seven) of their mouthwatering pastries. They're as delicious to eat as they are to look at. Trust me... I've tried half the case. They also have a selection of breads, quiches, and salads (pay by the container, not weight... win!).

I give you.... my favorites.
IMG_5933 roasted vegetable quiche (my favorite quick dinner)

IMG_5936
(caneles... not sure why the picture is so big, but it just highlights the crunchy, caramelized exterior and the soft, moist custardy interior. a hint of vanilla. a splash of rum. a bite of heaven)

IMG_6274 IMG_6275
I'm not an eclair fan, but the pastry creme in these babies will convert even the biggest skeptic...

IMG_6215 berry mousse tart...

IMG_4950 IMG_4949
(just one of the many delicious pastries available...)

IMG_5169 Canjun chicken with cucumbers, cheddar and tomatoes...

IMG_5189 IMG_5177
giant raspberry meringues (and cheap, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment